Senior Systems Administrator
Job Title Senior Systems Administrator
Description Job Description
This task requires maintaining network connectivity to the customer’s infrastructure on a 24/7 basis. Activities include installation and maintenance support on software and networks and escalation and communication of status to customer management and internal customers. Helpdesk services include providing telephonic support to users, LAN/WAN access to applications, COTS and GOTS application and troubleshooting all IT related problems, including hardware/software, which relates to the infrastructure. Technical components include network/circuit flow, CISCO networking devices, SATCOM equipment, and test equipment to include Spectrum Analyzers.
The candidate shall:
* Be Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certified
* Install, configure, operate, troubleshoot, and maintain LAN, WAN, Digital Telephony and dial-up access services involving routing, switching, and security operations in multiple operating environments
* Install and/or provide support for the engineering, installation, replacement, testing, activation, and documentation of new and existing networks
* Install all required equipment, per mission requirements, including all cable, mechanical/electrical equipment and other hardware and software necessary to ensure proper operation upon completion
* Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of IT systems
* Manage the daily activities of configuration and operation of IT systems
* Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
* Provide assistance to users in accessing and using IT systems
* Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc
* Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems
* Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers
* Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning
* Provide support for the dispatch system and hardware problems and remains involved in the resolution process
* Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems
* Configure and manage UNIX and Windows (or other applicable) operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
* Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification is required
* Ten (10) years experience as a System Administrator in full-life cycle programs encompassing development and engineering across multiple task orders.
* Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university. Five (5) years of additional System Administrator experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
* Telephone support to users
* network/circuit flow
* CISCO networking devices
* SATCOM equipment
* Spectrum Analyzers
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.**
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 115,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.