Systems Engineer Stf
Job Title Systems Engineer Stf
Description Job Description
In support of the Department of Labor (DOL) Data Center Consolidation Initiative (DCCI), the Systems Engineer (SE) is responsible for assisting and/or leading with all Data Center pre-move, move & post move transition activities. The SE will work with each Data Center Operation teams to perform the following:
* Participate in the development of Data Center documentation
* Participates in the relocation communications planning with each DoL agency
* Verify and document inventories for accuracy
* Analyze and identify any gaps
* Prepare the data center site, including network design, heating and cooling, power, and cable, for readiness
* Interact and assist Security to get the site approved (ATO)
* Relocate data centers to the LM facility following the approved floor and rack design.
* Uses the Data Center Readiness checklist to ensure the pre-move activities have been completed.
* Conduct verification for physical network connectivity after each relocation
* Operate the LM data center according to the contract
* Pre-move cable plant identification, confirmation and documentation (Cabinet to Cabinet connections at the existing location)
* Works closely with the movers to ensure all equipment and cabinets are delivered and setup in the designed location.
* Technical recommendations to reduce risk for agency moves (spare h/w requirements, cables, etc)
Hands on experience in a 24 hour data center operations environment including mission critical applications. Understand DOL data center and IT environments. The required skills are:
* Understanding of various types of hardware (Enclosures, Physical Servers, Network Equipment, Infrastructure)
* Previous data center relocation experience a must
* Strong communications within the team and with customers
* Strong technical and non-technical documentation skills/capabilities
* Skillful in Windows, Unix, and other server platforms
* Good work ethics, reliable
* Willing to go above and beyond to meet schedule commitments
Strong interpersonal skills, ability to deal with demanding customers, and ability to focus on maintaining smooth daily operations using ITIL concepts and industry best practices.
**Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.**
Lockheed Martin is a global security and aerospace company that employs about 115,000 people worldwide and is principally engaged in the research, design, development, manufacture, integration and sustainment of advanced technology systems, products and services.