(Entry Level through Associate)
$3923 - 7220 per month
FILING DEADLINE: 5:00 pm, Thursday, July 31, 2014
We regret that emailed applications or applications received after this deadline cannot be considered.
Transportation Agency for Monterey County (TAMC) is a countywide transportation-planning agency responsible for developing long range transportation plans, distributing state and federal transportation grants and administering various transportation projects and programs. TAMC is a high-energy, service oriented agency with a small staff and a 17-member Board of Directors. Employees are encouraged to participate in training programs and develop new skills.
This is a full- time position with good medical and retirement benefits. The Transportation Planner opening will be filled at the appropriate level (assistant planner, planner, associate planner) in the job classification system, based on qualifications.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
• An independent thinker who can follow through in timely manner on detailed assignments
• An enthusiastic, positive person who has a pleasant customer service attitude
• A team player that can maintain effective interpersonal relationships with staff and the public
• A good communicator with effective writing and oral presentation skills
• Research, analyze and write transportation planning reports, plans, grant applications, and contracts; analyze and comment on environmental documents, proposed regulations and legislation.
• Manage or assist with projects such as transit funding and unmet needs process, transportation corridor studies, rail program, grant applications and regional transportation plan update.
• Prepare Requests for Proposals, coordinate selection of consultant contracts for various studies and documents, and manage consultant contracts according to state and federal requirements.
• Write reports and make presentations before decision-making bodies.
• Knowledge of: transportation planning theory, principles, and methods (data collection, statistical analysis, report writing); current trends in transportation planning; federal and state laws and regulations involving transportation programs.
• Ability to: plan and implement transportation programs and projects; communicate effectively orally and in writing, including preparing reports, studies, and plans utilizing technical and statistical information; use computer systems and software applications for data analysis, report writing, and oral presentations.
• Experience with website updates and advanced computer applications is a plus.
• Ability to communicate in Spanish with members of the public is not required but desirable.
The application form and supplemental questions are available at www.tamcmonterey.org.
Send your completed application form and responses to the supplemental questions by July 31, 2014 to:
Rita Goel, Director of Finance & Administration
TAMC, 55-B Plaza Circle, Salinas, CA 93901
If you have any questions, please contact Rita Goel at (831) 775-0903, or email@example.com.